Antigua is an island nation between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Beaches are the main attraction of this Caribbean island. It is the best place to rest and soak up the sun. You can enjoy the glorious weather and incredible waters. For having a view of the beautiful scenery around the island, you can opt for walking and hiking tours. It’s a perfect place for diving, snorkeling and many more water sports. Now enjoy your relaxing Caribbean holiday without worrying about the budget. Let’s take a look at the mentioned money saving tips:
1. Beaches of Antigua are incredible. None of the beaches is private. That means you need not to pay even a single penny for enjoying there. For sunbathers the Long Bay Beach is the best choice.
2. Try to plan your vacation in off season. In the third week of April, the prices in Antigua slash down. If you want to save upto 30%, then plan in summer season that is in between April to December.
3. You can also save money on the accommodation. You can camp around on some islands in just $10.
4. If you love to drink alcohol, then go for local alcohol. Caribbean rum is 1/3 rd of its price in US. The local beer manufactures in some of the islands are much more famous than any branded beer.
5. In St. John’s you will find many interesting shops. But those shops might not be the right place for shopping, especially when you do not have enough time. You can shop many incredible local craft items from there.
6. Save your money on transportation. You can get taxis whenever needed at reasonable prices. Your taxi driver can also act as a guide for you. Private companies’ travel buses also offer commutation facility between various tourist places.
7. You can save money even while commuting from Guatemala City Airport to Antigua. Opt for shuttle bus which will charge just $10. These buses make six trips in a day.
8. Lot of budget hotels, villas and apartments are available in Antigua. You just need to do a little research.
9. For snorkeling, the best thing is to bring your own snorkel, fins and mask from home. It is one of the most inexpensive activities which can easily fill up your whole day.
There are a also lot of other places to explore. Nelson’s Dockyard is one of them. Nelson’s Dockyard is the name given to the English Barbour. You will see that how ships are careened to remove parasites from their hulls. And there is a well appointed museum also. With an entrance fee of $5, you can experience a brief guided tour. If you spend even an hour there, you will get the value of money you paid as entrance fee. Try to combine expenses whenever possible, like some hotels offer lunch combined with the access to the beach chairs and the rest room. This kind of offers can help you to save your money. Keep in mind the above mentioned tips and enjoy the beauty of Antigua to its fullest.